Petworth Festival 2016
PUBLISHED: 14:54 25 April 2016 | UPDATED: 14:54 25 April 2016
Petworth Festival (Thursday 14 to Saturday 30 July) has announced that tickets for this year’s summer festival are available to purchase either online or by post from 28 April.
By visiting the Petworth Festival website at www.petworthfestival.org.uk, members of the public can view the whole programme, check for availability and then book and reserve their seat. Or, they can download the booking form and post to Petworth Festival, 151 Whites Green Lodge, Lurgashall, Petworth, GU28 9BD. From 26 May, bookings can be taken over the telephone on 01798 344576 as well as online and by post.
Artistic Director Stewart Collins commented: “Last year’s festival broke all box office records with many of our faithful audience taking advantage of the simplicity afforded by our online booking service. This summer for over a fortnight, we have an incredible line up of artists from across the world of classical, choral and world music, jazz, comedy and theatre. The diversity of the programme – from a wide ranging focus on the piano, to family entertainment bringing Roald Dahl to life, via Tibetan monks, wine tasting and dancing to jazz – makes it an event for everyone and we expect tickets to sell very quickly.”
Highlights of the 2016 Petworth Festival include
• World class bass-baritone singer Sir Willard White who will feature in ‘An American Dream’, one of the many concerts to take advantage of the celebrated acoustic of St Mary’s Church
• The exceptional jazz pianist – and now head honcho at the legendary Ronnie Scott’s Club in London – James Pearson
• Guest pianist Judy ‘Stride’ Carmichael, a living legend from the cabaret bars and clubs of downtown New York, appearing on the opening night of the festival
• Three great classical pianists: Argentine star, Cristina Ortiz; the young Chinese pianist and international star, Ji Liu; and a genuine British great, Joanna MacGregor, concert pianist, conductor, composer and Head of Piano at the Royal Academy of Music and a Professor of London University. Joanna will not only be playing but is also running a piano masterclass on Friday 15 July, as well as bringing a troupe of exceptional young pianists from the Royal Academy of Music for a special piano weekend that will see concerts being performed throughout the area whether in private houses, village halls or in homes or clubs
In complete contrast, there are two large-scale events scheduled for The Stable Yard of Petworth House
• The annual ‘Jazz in the Stables’ is an absolute ‘must’ featuring the red hot retro-dance band Bratislava Hot Serenaders
• The festival’s inaugural ‘Comedy in the Stables’ night with Paul Merton and his Impro Chums doing what they do best - making audiences crease up with laughter by the improvised antics that guarantee that no two Impro Chums shows will ever be the same
The Angel Hat Sessions also return, allowing aspiring musicians to play for audiences at The Angel Inn, Petworth on Friday and Saturday evenings, across all three of the festival’s weekends
The Petworth Festival provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy the best music and talent outside London at affordable prices. Adult tickets start from just £6 per person, 18 and under can often come for free.
For more information, become a sponsor or friend or volunteer, please contact the festival office on 01798 343055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org